A project to extend the capabilities of the MinShell component from Windows Embedded Compact 2013.
Version 3.0 now available
Major restructuring of project to simplify extensibility of menu.
Apart from some basic menu items, all other menu items are now in the Codeplex project: Compact13Tools
This project extends the MinShell component in Windows Embedded Compact 2013 to
- Add various extra items to the menu besides cmd:
- ipconfig, with output to Debug Window
- Target Control(shell.exe) Window on device
- Simple to add more items via registry. See Compact13Tools OS Subprojects
Items added to this menu if included via Compact13Tools Project:
- CoreCon3 (Note moved from this project)
- RunApp (Note moved from this project)
CEComponentWiz V3.1 (New feature)
- Another refinement is with the CEComponentWiz project. There is now an option there to include registry entries in the content Subproject generated so that applications within the Subproject can optionally be in the Compact2013MinShell menu...Cool eh!
- See Window Embedded Compact (CE) Component Wizard on right.
Where to from here?
This is a work in progress.
It is envisaged that any other custom apps will be added to Compact13Tools project, not here.
This side of these joint Compact13 projects (Minshell-Tools) has the following custom functions compared to the supplied MinShell
- Provide the Task Manager launch from the menu
- Customise the desktop wall paper (to be implemented)
- Another envisaged function is to launch Minshell in a manner that if exited it restarts.
In the next version of this project:
- Will be migrated to Compact13Tools.
- Will be implemented so it can be dynamically changed.
- Will be implemented.
- And finally, implement Minshell menu via shortcuts .. Wala!